Friday, October 14, 2016

Smell the moldy cheese

You know that very distinct smell of moldy cheese?? Well, I made dinner tonight, grabbed a big huge handful of cheese, poured it ALL over my food, and then offered some to my husband. Right about the time I started dropping the cheese onto his plate, I smelled it.  The odor of old moldy cheese melting on my hot dinner. 😩 then we had to scrap the cheese off the top and share what was left. My husband was so sweet and offered me some of his dinner, since his didn't get nearly as smothered as mine did...... While eating what was left of my food, with the slight lingering smell of moldy cheese in the air, I thought..... Life can be like this. When we want something or someone in our lives and we grab a big handful of it before thinking it through or praying about it. It's not until it is already blended into our lives that we realize that it is toxic to our mental, spiritual, financial or physical health. Then we have to find a way to separate ourselves from this toxic behavior or addiction or person and we end up losing a part of ourselves. Like I lost part of my dinner scraping off the cheese. Beloved all I had to do was open the bag and smell the cheese before I put it on the plate. I would have known that it was bad. But I didn't. I got excited at the idea of how delicious my food would be with delicious melted cheese on top..... It's the same with that toxic thing you grabbed a hold of. Like buying a car you can't afford. It's beautiful right? You would look great driving that car. You buy it, take it home, and a few months later you realize you can't really afford it. If you had prayed about it or even thought this all through you would have known. Beloved, smell the cheese first. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment